# Missile Weapons
Missile weapons are weapons that leave the grasp or possession of the user to reach their target, usually traveling through the air. There are two types of missile weapons: thrown and projectile:
Thrown weapons are typically melee weapons that are balanced for throwing. Thus, the javelin is a one-handed spear that can also be thrown. This category includes throwing axes, darts, throwing daggers, javelins, and rocks.
Projectile weapons are weapons that project a missile at a target. This category includes bows, crossbows, slings, and staff slings.
An adventurer can use any other missile weapons in the same weapon category (such as Bow, Crossbow, etc.) at half the skill rating of the best skill the adventurer has in that category.
# Explanation of Headings
- Range: At these ranges and less the adventurer can be expected to hit at the percentage for which they have been trained.
- HP: An adventurer is not trained to parry with a projectile weapon as well as shoot with it (thrown weapons are another story). The chance of parrying using a missile weapon should be based on the basic chance with a quarterstaff.
# Rates of Fire
- 1/MR: One missile per melee round can be thrown/shot.
- S/MR: As many missiles as can be fired as strike rank permits, assuming 5 strike ranks to reload.
- 1/2R: One missile every two melee rounds.
- 1/3R: One missile every three melee rounds.
- 1/5R: One missile every five melee rounds.
- Base: This is the base chance for using the weapon. Add to that the adventurer’s Manipulation skills category modifier. If Homeland or occupation gives the adventurer an additional modifier with that weapon, add that to the total.
The ranges shown on the table are effective ranges. At the ranges shown and less the adventurer can be expected to hit at the percentage for which they have trained.
- Thrown Weapons: Thrown weapons have no effective value beyond 20 meters.
- Projectile Weapons: Projectile weapons can reach further than their effective range, but at a cost in accuracy. Medium range is about 1/2 again as many meters as the effective range. An adventurer shooting in this range has 1/2 the normal chance of hitting. Long range is between the limit of medium range and roughly twice effective range. An adventurer shooting at long range has 1/4 the normal chance of hitting.
# Bows & Crossbows
# Javelins, Spears & Darts
# Throw Weapons
|Axe, Throwing||Axe, Throwing||10||9||9||1D6||6||1||20||S/MR||I|
|Dagger, Throwing||Dagger, Throwing||05||—||9||1D4||6||(4)||20||S/MR||I|
|Staff Sling||Staff Sling||10||9||9||1D10||8||2||100||1/MR||C|